Follow Me On Pinterest and Twitter

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wyatt

I was driving home at about 11:30 at night about two months ago...minding my own business when I saw a flash of two eyes in my headlights and a little fluff of black and white fur right on the edge of the road. Mind you, I was going about 55 miles per hour so it was a blink and you'll miss it kind of thing. My first thought was that it was a skunk, so I breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't hit it because THAT would be super stinky. But the image processed in my mind and I distinctly remember thinking, 'that was NOT a skunk...'. I slowed down (this is a deserted country road) and turned around. Rolling my windows down I started calling, 'here kitty, kitty, kitty' in a high pitched voice, and just as I knew I would hear, I heard a tiny, helpless little 'mew!' coming from the side of the road. My heart raced...just a few days before I talked to J about getting a kitten and he agreed that we could when we got our new place. I knew from that moment that this was going to be MY kitten, but I had to find him first! I pulled off to the side of the road and turned on my hazard lights, pulled out my cell phone and turned on the flashlight app (most helpful app in the world, I might add). I kept saying 'kitty' and was answered each time with a 'mew!'. Eventually the mews were coming from right at my feet, and I reached into a collection of knee length grass and wrapped my hand around a damp, fuzzy creature and pulled it out.

I brought the shaking, little mewing ball of fluff home and that's pretty much where he's been ever since! Of course, to keep you up to date, the road I was on was pretty deserted, very few houses are around, and there's a dump about a half a mile back. I'm 100% sure my little man was dropped off because someone didn't want a kitten anymore.

I named him Wyatt, I thought that was a pretty cute 'cowboy' type name. :)

He's made his home in my heart as well as my soldier's heart, and I think J asks about him more than he does me! Ha!

So meet my little man, Wyatt.









No comments:

Post a Comment